- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. They contain details of your browsing history on the website and distinguish you from other users. Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or allow another website to recognize the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and, for instance, remember your preferences and generally improve your online user experience.
Although this notice refers to the general term ‘cookie’, it also applies to similar tracking technologies that we use (such as ‘web beacons’, ‘clear GIFs’ and ‘pixel tags’).
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- let you navigate and do things on our website. In other words, some cookies are necessary for our website to function.
- collect statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, to see which pages of the website are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
- analyze how individuals interact with us so we can improve our services.
- suggest content for you based on the pages of our website you have previously visited.
- allow our advertising partners to show you content on other sites based on how you use our website.
3. Which cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
4. Accepting cookies
5. How can you change your cookies settings?
As some of our cookies are necessary for the functioning of our website, you cannot opt out of our use of those cookies.
6. Updates to this notice
We may update this notice and so we recommend that you check this notice regularly. We aim to notify you of any significant changes by way of a notice on our website or by contacting you directly when reasonably possible.